Monday, May 19, 2025

Robert E Howard: The Life and Times of a Texas Author


The last estimate I got from Amazon for a delivery date said Robert E Howard: The Life and Times of a Texas Author might not show up until November - it arrived today!

While I have a lot of Howard's work in paperback form, I find as I get older I'm more comfortable with hardbacks (the text is usually larger for one thing).

Willard M Oliver's The Life and Times of a Texas Author is the latest addition to my growing library of hardback books by or about Howard, and comes highly recommended from a number of Howard aficionados whose opinions I value.


This tome is published by University of North Texas Press, while the rest of my Howard hardbacks are from The Robert E Howard Foundation, which appears to be putting out gorgeous new collections monthly.

 I will probably dig into the lovely new fiction books first, but this biography is on the "to be read" list for later in the year. Its speedy arrival across The Pond rather caught me off-guard.

My growing collection of REH hardbacks

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc