Thursday, May 29, 2025

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Ben


Back in 2016, Rachel was trying to sort out my disorganised paperwork and came upon some lovely photographs that had belonged to my parents.

Amongst one collection were a pair of tiny prints (9cm by 6cm), enlarged above by the power of modern science, that depict our old labrador Ben and our garden in Western Road, Tunbridge Wells.

I'm guessing these date from the mid-60s, either before I was born or just after, as we moved to Pembury when I was about three, and I have no memory - just stories from mum and dad - of Ben, who supposedly was my great protector, growling at anyone who approached my pram, or our house in Western Road.

This was the first time I had, consciously, seen pictures of either Ben or our old garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc