Monday, May 12, 2025

"Dyin' Ain't Much Of A Living, Boy!"


Of all Clint Eastwood's Westerns, The Outlaw Josey Wales holds a special place in my heart because I associate it with my late father, who introduced the movie to me when I was a youngling.

I'll get round to reviewing it properly in due course, but I'm delighted to have recently picked up Forrest Carter's two Josey Wales novels, courtesy of eBay.

There were a bevvy of different printings (some with the two books in a single volume), but I knew what I was looking for: the two tales (Gone To Texas aka The Outlaw Josey Wales and The Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales) as separate paperbacks with the cinematic art (as shown above).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc