 |
| Could a Monty Python roleplaying game be my Holy Grail? |
Remember back in February when I swore I wasn't going to but any more roleplaying games
just because they looked pretty? And then in March when I did just that, but persuaded
myself they would be of use in my planned fantasy campaign?Well, to quote Britney Spears: oops, I did it again!
This time, I cast the blame squarely on my favourite online gaming store, Dungeonland, and it's current, very niche, and rather incredible sale offer.
As you can see in the picture above, I purchased both Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme Sensible Middle Class Edition and Monty Python’s Head Of Light Entertainment Gamemaster Screen... for a fiver each!
Published by Exalted Funeral, this official Monty Python roleplaying game is, as I understand it, largely a Medieval-set roleplaying game - think Monty Python & The Hold Grail - of extreme silliness.
Do I think I'll ever run it for the Tuesday Knights? I doubt it very much, primarily because - again, from what I've read and heard via online reviews and YouTube videos - it works better for chaotic one-shots than ongoing games.
However, I'm lead to believe that the rulebook is a fantastic source of information for the Holy Grail (and other select Python creations), which means it will almost certainly help me with ideas for the sword and sorcery campaign I've been plotting for a while now.
Also, I've never seen a box for a gamesmaster's screen that's so deep (4cm): I can't wait to find out what's in it and figure out what bits and bobs I could use with another roleplaying system.
Of course, I could have been totally misinformed and Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme turns out to be the perfect system for my 'forever' campaign.
Let's see how that goes...
 |
| Back of the Head of Light Entertainment Screen box |
No comments:
Post a Comment