![]() |
| Photo by Luis Graterol on Unsplash |
However, on the plus side, it did result in an epic thunderstorm on Friday night. At one point, which Rachel reckons lasted about half an hour, the storm was right overhead and one burst of thunder in particular was so loud it felt like it shook the house to its foundations.
Sadly, Alice doesn't like thunderstorms like I do and did need a lot of comforting during the middle-of-the-night event as lighting and thunder cracked and roared overhead.
What this heatwave has meant for me though is that I was relying heavily on prewritten material for the blog. There were some movie trailers that I added minimal commentary to, but the longest thing I actually wrote was the summary of our latest gaming session.
I'm slightly concerned how this will impact next week's posting routine, though. I have several scribbled notes of ideas for posts that I should have written this week. Hopefully it will cool down enough that I can concentrate on my writing properly and get things back to normal.
As I've probably said before: heat wipes me out like no other weather condition.
Because of my various medical conditions since the aneurysm and stroke 20 years ago, I'm incredibly susceptible to extreme heat, being unable to concentrate (even worse than normal) or do anything really (even something passive, like watching TV, was nigh on impossible for most of the day), prone to dizzy spells and, even, if I'm not careful (which I was this week), passing out.
In a very real sense, it often feels as though my brain is shutting down and I can't communicate with poor Rachel, I can get confused and forgetful. These things happen to me on occasion anyway, but it's just more frequent - and extreme - during the heights of a hot weather spell.
All being well, next week we'll be back on an even keel.
I did have my INR (blood thickness) tested again this week at my GP's surgery and it's staying within its target range, so I don't have to have another check for a month... which is great news.

No comments:
Post a Comment