Wednesday, June 24, 2026

CONAN GETS ANIMATED!


The legendary Genndy Tartakovsky is animating the Robert E Howard classic Conan the Barbarian: Queen of the Black Coast for Prime Video.

After much recent teasing, this exciting announcement was made on the official Conan The Barbarian YouTube channel (see below), run by Heroic Signatures, custodians of the Howardverse, earlier today.
After finding love in the pirate queen, Bêlit, a battle-hardened Conan defies gods, fate, and even death to save her from a dark sorcery that threatens to destroy everything.
The show is being made by Cartoon Network Studios with Tartakovsky as executive producer and showrunner for the Conan the Barbarian: Queen of the Black Coast series, while the executive producers are Darrick Bachman, Fred Malmberg, and Mark Wheeler.

I'm so here for this, although honestly I was hoping the announcement was going to be for a live-action serial with HBOMax, Netflix or some organisation like that.

But I'll gladly take a bloody, visceral, and violent cartoon from one of the masters of the artform while I await my live-action dream project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc