Friday, April 24, 2026

More Uninvited Guests Drop In On The Planet of The Apes

Cover art by Stonehouse
Rather than giving the classic Planet of The Apes its own ongoing series, Marvel continues to push it as the perfect tourist destination for crossovers with its other properties.

The planet is currently enjoying a visit from the Fantastic Four, and in July the Yautja (aka Predators) are dropping in for a five-issue miniseries, Predator versus Planet of The Apes, penned by Greg Pak and illustrated by Alan Robinson.
"Worlds collide when a deadly Yautja crash-lands on the legendary Planet of the Apes!
"After a rescue mission gone wrong, astronaut Arch finds herself embedded in a hostile ape society where humans are subservient. But the hunters soon became the hunted when the apes find themselves being stalked by Predators!
"A three-way war is about to erupt between humans, apes and Yautja – who will reign supreme?!…
"Blending the mythology as well as the themes of both universes, the revolutionary saga pushes both Yautja and ape to their limit in a brutal battle for dominance!"
A prequel story to this series will appear in Free Comic Book Day Comics Giveaway Day's Alien, Predator & Planet of The Apes #1 (available on Saturday, May 2).

Variant cover by Tim Seeley
Movie cover variant art by Chris Campana

3 comments:

  1. Even though I'd love to see a great ongoing series, I'm excited about this one. I love Predator crossovers (and Alien ones for that matter).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong - as long as the story is good I'm excited for this. But all these crossovers are - by their nature - self-contained, non-canonical, one-offs. What I really, really want is an ongoing, canonical, old school, classic Planet of The Apes comic... like Marvel gave us when I was a wee lad. Not just a series of gimmicky crossovers.

      Delete
    2. I recently picked up a hardcover collection of the first 12 or so issues of that series. I've not sat down to read them yet.

      Delete

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc