Thursday, April 10, 2025

PROJECT 60: Work on Dead Man's Hand Has Begun!


Work on my Dead Man's Hand skirmish game has begun.

I have dispatched a number of miniatures to be professionally painted, including a gang of Law Men, some Legends of The West (including The Man with No Name and Jonah Hex), and a selection of appropriate Wargames Illustrated's Giants In Miniature figures (including Django and his coffin, General Custer, and several American Civil War characters).

Oh, and there's a 3D printed figure - from Minijenix - included that's going to be Timmy The Flea, the leader of my homemade outlaw collective, The Hole-in-The-Head Gang.

To that end, I have plans to build six or so other miniatures from the plastic parts that that came in the Dead Man's Hand starter box. I suspect these will take time and a lot of trial and error.

That also means I shall - eventually - be getting round to building and painting the plastic buildings .

It's been years (decades?) since I painted anything, and that was mainly drybrushing scenery pieces (walls, rocks etc).

So, I'll need to invest in some relevant paints and brush up (pun intended) on simple painting techniques for wooden buildings.

Great Escape Games has this introductory video that I shall be watching on repeat until it sinks in.

This later part of the project will come to fruition when the weather gets better and I'm able to spend extended periods of time in our garden room (which has been designated the "craft room") and I can superglue fiddly bits of plastic and my fingers together and splash paint around with merry abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc