Thursday, April 17, 2025

PROJECT 60: Bitz 'n' Pieces

Inside our garden storeroom

With the first batch of my Dead Man's Hand miniatures sent away for professional painting, my attention is slowly turning to other aspects of this summer's ambitious plans.

As I mentioned the other day, part of that will involve putting together the lovely plastic buildings supplied by Great Escape Games for their wild west skirmish wargame. 

I also pointed out that I haven't painted anything for years and when I was putting away some things in our garden storeroom earlier this week I realised I had quite a bit of my old modelling kit stashed away in there.

The four giant blue plastic box boxes (visible in the photo above), along with a couple of other smaller ones, are what I packed my various "bitz" in when we moved here six years ago; "bitz" being plastic model parts; broken miniatures; plastic toys and parts of action figures; old packaging; paints; brushes etc that could all come in useful "at some point" for scratch building wargame terrain and scenery. 

Of course, I haven't actually looked in these boxes since we moved. I'm not even sure if the old pots and tins of paint will still even be viable.

So, this side project has been subsumed into my plans for this summer. I need to go through these boxes, sift their contents, see what is still useable and suitable for my planned Western setting (I recall a lot was geared towards post-apocalyptic settings, so there should be some overlap), and bin/recycle the rest.

Ultimately, as well as giving me some solid terrain-building material this will hopefully free up some space in the store room (which will please Rachel, who doesn't embrace clutter like I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc