![]() |
| Again, this is nothing like what I'm doing at the gym! Photo by Ketut Subiyanto |
I have to confess that I rather like the power-assisted machines, the limited time on each, and the routine of doing the circuit in about half an hour.
With just two visits under my belt it's a bit early to say if it's having any effect, but as long as I follow the instructions I'm pretty sure I'm heading in the right direction.
As you 'only' get three minutes on each machine I did notice that my slowness - due to my gamy leg - in dismounting and disentangling myself from the foot straps etc was creating a slight traffic jam for the people behind me (including Rachel). I'm going to have to work on that.
At the moment, because of the continual heatwaves, we're having to go to the gym first thing in the morning, meaning a very early start for us non-working types, but hopefully once this abnormal weather condition passes (to, no doubt, be replaced by a different abnormal weather condition) we'll start experimenting with different times of the day. As long as Rachel is working from home, the later time slots should be no problem.
If there's something I didn't enjoy quite so much it's the fact that not only was the gym rather full, but the people there were chatting and bantering. And that's so not my thing. My brain gets so easily overwhelmed these days if I'm in a new situation.
Even though the machines are designed to help me with my exercises, I still need to concentrate to make sure I'm doing things right.
Eventually, I was hoping to be comfortable enough to exercise with my ear buds in and listen to podcasts but I won't be able to do that if people are wanting to "chat" to me.&
Thus, a good reason to find a quieter time of the day to do our circuits.

Congrats on the work done and where you're headed. Very, very cool. How about over the head, head phones. The ones that are big and fit over the head and ears. I'm same as you, I don't want to chat. I wanna work out and keep to myself. Unless I go with a friend, that's different. On the whole though, I like the quiet alone workouts.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Ivy. I'm not confident enough in the new environment of the gym to totally shut myself off yet, although Rachel did comment that I had my eyes closed a lot and she thought I was falling asleep! I explained that was to discourage people from talking to me 😂 But then some of the kit I need a hand to get myself into securely, so I'm also not wanting to alienate the staff!
ReplyDelete