Sunday, August 9, 2026

HEALTH UPDATE: Gym Life

We will be doing NONE of this at the gym               Image by Mohamed_hassan from Pixabay
With Biscuit Club on its summer break, Rachel and I used this time to join our local gym.

It's not your run-of-the-mill gym though, but an "active wellbeing studio".

This means we're going to be using a series of power-assisted machines each time we visit, on a half-hour circuit (roughly three minutes per machine).

It's not really about getting ripped, but rather - for me, anyway - safely loosening the stiffness in my back, and other joints. Various machines will also help me develop strength and stamina. 

I had a try on one of the machines and it felt so good on my spine. Like a glorious massage. Rachel said I looked very happy. I'm really looking forward to using these machines on a regular basis.

As part of the joining process we had a lengthy discussion about my medical issues (stroke, aneurysm, osteoarthritis etc), and then came back another day to do all the paperwork. So, we're all signed and paid up.

I also rather like it 'cos to my numpty brain it's very sci-fi, with apps and QR codes, and electronic wristbands to get us in to the building.

Rachel and I have just our induction session to go next week and then we can start popping in as and when we feel like it (providing we book a slot in advance).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc