Tuesday, April 14, 2026

"I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream..."

An idyllic summer town descends into madness when an ice cream man serves kids sweet delights with horrifying results.

Get ready to scream for Ice Cream Man. A summer delight like no other from director Eli Roth. In UK cinemas August 7.
Very excited for this one, given its comic book origins and the involvement of Eli Roth.

UPDATE (April 16, 2026): Thanks to my pal, Pun, for pointing out that, bizarrely, this film is NOT based on the successful Image comic book of the same name!

4 comments:

  1. Surprisingly this isn't connected to the comic at all. Roth has said it's a project he started writing about 20 years ago. There is an adaptation of the comic, which is more existential horror, is in the works though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for drawing this to my attention. I could have sworn that when I originally read about this movie - which I'm still excited about, regardless - it was described as an adaptation of the comic! A quick Google revealed how wrong I was 😉

      Delete

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc