Thursday, February 5, 2026

Miniature Haul At A Miniature Price!

Money Well Spent: £7.38's worth of tiny terrain for the tabletop

Because I can't help but be spinning multiple plates at once, even though I'm trying to streamline and focus all my hobbies, I decide to pick up some bits online that could make scatter terrain for either roleplaying games or my Dead Man's Hand skirmish wargame.

I can't recall if it was an Amazon advert or I was searching for something and found myself on the site, but this was the first time I'd explored Amazon Haul, its low-price Aladdin's Cave of affordable odds-and-ends.

Obviously, I knew of its existence, but had always assumed it was for household goods and fashion items... i.e. no interest to me.

But it turns out there's quite a bit of miniature modelling items on there.

The prices are so low that I thought why not chance a tenner (the minimum purchase to get free shipping)?

I got a pack of 10 transparent blue d12s (for £4.49), which shipped from within the UK and were with me a couple of days later, but the balance of my order turned out to be coming from China.

Yet, it only took a week to arrive and Amazon provided tracking details for every stage of the journey.

For £7.38, I picked up a collection of resin rocks and tree stumps, two packs of miniature trees, an ancient Roman column, and a tiny well (painted and ready for use). 

None of this stuff was produced with wargames' tables in mind, they're advertised as being for "fairy gardens", ornamental plant displays, bonsai decoration etc but they all look as though they will work perfectly for what I have in mind.

I need to base the trees, find a 'statue' to fit on the column (and probably drybrush the whole thing to make it look more aged), and possibly paint up the resin rocks but that part of the hobby is well within my limited skill set, so I'm looking forward to that.

As I said, I've never used Haul before - and won't be a regular customer - but I reckon I got good value for money on my first purchase.

A gamer can NEVER have too many dice!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent!! I'd never heard of Amazon Haul before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's as well advertised as Amazon think it is. Rachel hadn't heard of it either.

      Delete
  2. Chantel doesn't understand how you could not be in to fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen how I dress? I'm a shorts and t-shirt guy 12 months of the year 😂 All I need to know about "fashion" is what my next t-shirt will have printed on it!

      Delete

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc