.jpg)
Just getting in there on its final day, Rachel, Alice, and I ventured out to Tonbridge Christmas Fest at the castle (and, no, I'll never tire of living in a town with a 13th Century castle) this evening .
We'd originally planned to go at the weekend but rain stopped play, and we decided it would be sensible to go once the torrential downpours had passed us by.
This evening's jaunt also happened to be my first trip out into the wild using just my old walking stick - rather than other, larger, walking aids - since June.
So, how better to celebrate that milestone than by embracing the spirit of Christmas?
The fair was a lovely little mix of food stands, carnival games, and geegaw sellers.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Rachel was most keen that we be there at 4pm for the daily spray of artificial snow.
We may have made tactical use of elbows and legs to get to the centre of the mosh pit under the snow fall - but it was worth it (even if I had flashbacks to attending a foam party in a nightclub during my hedonistic university days).
As well as picking up a couple of bags of fudge (apparently it's the law that if you see a stand selling fudge you have to buy some), we also dined on foot-long sausages in baps from a food stand selling German sausages.
Rachel had a Bratwurst, while I had an absolutely delicious Krakauer (spicy sausage) that I coated in curry ketchup for that true Teutonic experience.
![]() |
| Rachel roasting a marshmallow |
![]() |
| Beware the elves! |

![]() |
| It's great to be walking with just a stick again |
![]() |
| Happy Christmas!!! |




No comments:
Post a Comment