Thursday, December 11, 2025

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Bad Santa

Bring Me The Head Of Bad Santa!
Back when I worked - in the office where I met Rachel - I always ensured that Christmas was a big deal.

Not only did I introduce the idea of "Secret Santa" to them (which continues annually to this day), but I also - unintentionally - created the 'tradition' of Bad Santa.

Bad Santa, pictured above, was a hideous, cheap, Christmas geegaw I picked up in a discount store for pennies, thinking it would be a laugh to hang on the tree (which Rachel and I were always in charge of decorating).

Unfortunately, because he resembled nothing less than a decapitated Father Christmas with resplendent wiry bristles rather than a beard, Rachel didn't see it that way... and banned him from the tree.

So, of course, I hid him in her desk drawer...

... and the resulting hilarity spawned the annual tradition of hiding the decapitated head of Bad Santa in amusing places for colleagues to find.

And, invariably, scream in terror at!

I have a suspicion that now the company has relocated, Rachel may have "accidentally misplaced" Bad Santa in the move.

2 comments:

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, superheroes, comic books, westerns, horror, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc