Sunday, July 19, 2026

HEALTH UPDATE: At Least My Liver Seems Okay

Photo by Nicolas J Leclercq on Unsplash
Good news this week. The results of my last blood test came through (primarily checking my liver function) and all were normal, with no sign of abnormalities, so that's something to celebrate for a change.

I actually didn't hear anything from my GP (which, in these situations, is a good thing), so checked via the wonderful NHS app on my phone that Rachel signed me up for. It's brilliant. Not only can my GP (and hospitals) contact me via the app, but I can check my notes and test results.

Hooray for the NHS!

After opting out of last week's class because of the continuing extreme weather, I went back to Biscuit Club this week only to discover that our next session is the last of this "term"!

I'd thought we'd be adding on a few more to make up for the ones cancelled at the height of the heatwave, but clearly not.

However, there's a new class starting later in the year, and we get priority dibs on those places, so I'll probably attend that. It should be cooler by then (climate change willing).

Over the summer, we were invited to pop along to the Angel Centre in Tonbridge to join in some of the weekly, pay-as-you-go, classes for the general public that our coach runs.

Even though there's no tea and biscuits with these, Rachel and I agreed that it might be worth me checking the classes out as it was only something like four quid a session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc