Friday, July 24, 2026

Ahoy, Me Hearties! Archie's Raising The Jolly Roger

Main cover art for issue one by Ray-Anthony Height and Studio Skye-Tiger
You know I love a good Archie team-up comic, right? Well this one has the added bonus of being about pirates!

Beginning in October, the five-issue miniseries Vengeance Unchained: The Legend of Black Caesar is a collaboration between the legendary basketball player Shaquille O’Neal and Archie Comics.

It will recount: "the rise of one of history’s most mythological pirates" as a "grounded, character-driven pirate epic which follows the transformation of an African king into a feared outlaw of the Caribbean, blending historical inspiration with cinematic storytelling".

The series is being written by the Eisner-nominated writer Stephanie Williams, with artwork by Ray-Anthony Height and Studio Skye-Tiger.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Shaq is behind this? I might be out of my gourd, but that makes me even more interested...😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, Shaq's involvement doesn't do anything for me (as I've never had any interest in basketball. In fact, I don't think any of my friends or acquaintances have ever spoken about the sport within earshot of me. It's just struck me that I've had more conversations about kabaddi than basketball in my life).

      I'm onboard 'cos it's pirates!

      Delete

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc