Wednesday, March 18, 2026

New Superhero Zine Launches for Dungeon Crawl Classics


My good pal Justin ' Pun' Isaac has just launched the first issue (The Origin Issue) of his new superhero-themed Dungeon Crawl Classics series, Crisis In Infinite Zines.

Pun describes it as:
"...a new supers toolkit designed for Dungeon Crawl Classics/Mutant Crawl Classics and their superpowered offshoots like Evolved: Super Heroic Time Travel Roleplaying Game and Comic Crawl Classics. You'll find new classes, foes to fight, adventures, and other rules/tropes conversations."
Written with Dave Coppoletti, and illustrated by Dave, David Vance and Joseph Beckelhimer, the 30-page, comic book-sized zine is available in both PDF or POD formats from DriveThru.

The debut issue includes two new classes (The Super Pal and The Butler), two freakish monsters, one fearsome nemesis (The Refrigerator), one giant-sized ape, 30 secret origins, 0-level accessories, comics, letters to the editor, adverts and more.

3 comments:

  1. This really was a labor of love (even if it did evolve in ways I didn’t expect). I appreciate the spotlight and I hope folks enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping this is just the first of a whole run of issues.

      Delete
    2. We’ve started working on issue 2.

      Delete

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc