Sunday, March 15, 2026

HEALTH UPDATE: Germ Ping-Pong

Image by Alexandra_Koch from Pixabay

About a month and a half ago, Rachel returned from a trip to London bearing the nascent germs of a heavy cold, which - in the following week or so - she then passed on to me.

This wiped me out for a couple of weeks, even though I still made it to Biscuit Club (I had to keep up my one hundred percent attendance record, after all).

Then the other day I appeared to have returned the germs to Rachel as she fell victim to a horrendous cough that, earlier this week, she kindly handed back to me.

And this was a nasty cough. I was pretty much bedridden for a couple of days, having lost almost an entire night's sleep, and - while it has been easing this weekend - has still been playing merry havoc with my fragile body.

Constant wracking of my chest and throat has caused extreme aches and pains in weakened muscles still suffering from my sundry other infirmities. This has not been fun. 

Hence, the paucity of posts on the blog in the last few days - and possibly into next week - as I'm not really in the right frame of mind for constructing critiques or framing my thoughts into coherent mini-essays. The simple act of focussing on anything for any period of time is hard when you're constantly being interrupted by coughing fits that shake you to your core.

Hopefully, this will pass soon and 'normal' service can resume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc