
Work has - sort of - begun on my 1:12th scale castle tower. A big sticking point in my mind has always been how I would "decorate" the exterior. I wanted a degree of texture, rather than just wallpaper with pictures of stones on!
Rachel came back from Miniatura the other day with three sample packets of cut stone to experiment with.
I really liked this in principle, but Rachel's dad - who has a better eye for these things than I do and is less inclined to launch into a project without a detailed plan - thought these might actually be too fiddly for such a large structure.
The current top contender for my brickwork is looking like embossed card, although, while I've found the right scale on eBay, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find exactly the design that I have pictured in my head.
I've ordered a single sheet of "old wall", so we can see what it's like "in the flesh" and make a decision.
It's not a major step forward, but, at least, things are moving, and I'm starting to formulate solid plans rather than just vague ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment