Thursday, February 13, 2025

THROWBACK THURSDAY: It's A Tough Job, But...


Before I went to university, I did a two-year stint as news editor of a couple of trade magazines, one of which was Airports International.

As part of that job, in March 1994, a group of airport-related journalists were flown out to Al-Ain in the United Arab Emirates to report on the opening of a new airport.

The actual opening, and work-related tours etc, took up barely a day of our visit and for the rest of the time we were ferried around and spoiled rotten.

A particular highlight for many of us was being driven out into the desert - in four-by-fours - for a meal in a tented encampment, complete with camel rides and authentic belly dancers.

BEST. WORKS. OUTING. EVER.

Born To It: I love camel riding...
The Al-Ain International Airport: The reason we were in the UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc