Sunday, November 23, 2025

HEALTH UPDATE: Definite Progress Is Being Made

This is exactly what we do in Biscuit Club 😂
Image by Lorenzo Romero from Pixabay

While I still can't walk " properly" (which, for the last 20 years has been with a walking stick), I'm now pottering around the house much more easily - without the use of my more elaborate, newer, walking aids.

I can. for instance, get down the stairs pretty much how I used to, although getting up the stairs is still a struggle. But there's no more spider-crawls or scooching up and down on my fat arse, so that's a massive improvement.

I've even resumed having showers, after a break of around four months because of my dangerous instability in the bathroom. This is a major breakthrough in my return to "normality".

Now, I just have to venture out the house without my "wheels", to test my endurance and balance in the wild.

There has been a major uptick in my progress over the last two or three weeks. Clearly Biscuit Club (my weekly strength, posture and stability class, which always ends with a drink and some biscuits) is paying off. I'd still be a slithering Jabba The Hutt without it, I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong, the pain in my back remains and, occasionally, in my legs, but on the whole I'm getting better at managing it. 

I also had a surprisingly positive appointment with my GP about my blood pressure, and she has adjusted  my medication accordingly. Rachel and I now have to keep an eye on my blood pressure to see if this change helps bring it down into the "safe zone".

I had my second meeting with the NHS physio this week, for a catch-up. He seemed very pleased with my progress and suggested a number of new exercises (quite a few of which, as I told him, I was already doing, courtesy of Biscuit Club) to build upon what I've achieved to date. 

Overall, everything seems to be wobbling in the right direction, which is a nice fillip as the days are getting shorter. Christmas is coming and it'll soon to be time to get out and about to peruse the seasonal lighting displays up and down our road.

Still waiting to hear about steroid injections for my osteoarthritis. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to here things and you are moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let's hope I can maintain this rate of progress 🤞.

      Delete
  2. Hmm. So Biscuit Club is apparently healthier than it sounds...

    (Happy that things are generally positive in this report...!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Biscuit Club has been a godsend. I can't imagine what state I'd be in now without it.

      Delete

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc