Monday, May 25, 2026

Wherefore Art Thou, Tree Safari?

Photo by Hub JACQU
It feels like a good while since Rachel and I have been on a "tree safari" (a woodland walk where I can snap atmospheric photographs of trees - and anything else that catches my eye).

We've still been doing fun stuff, just not anywhere suitable for a tree-themed photo session.

Until this Bank Holiday weekend. In a most unBritish turn of events, a record-breaking heatwave has landed over us (thanks, global warming) - rendering any thoughts of lengthy walks moot. And not at all good for my health!

I know some people love this kind of weather, and it never used to really bother me that much, but these days it's actually quite dangerous.

The current temperatures are around the low 30°C (86°F) mark, which is well into my "no, thank you" range.

Primarily because of my medicatedly-low blood pressure, anything resembling exercise in these conditions can result in me getting heat stroke and/or passing out... which really isn't as fun as it sounds.

To be honest, even concentrating on reading is really hard (even harder than usual for my stroke addled-brain), so mainly I'm listening to podcasts or my latest audiobook.

So, there will be events and tree safaris in the future - just not while the Garden of England is baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc