Thursday, July 3, 2025

THROWBACK THURSDAY: That Time When I Went Blonde


Given what a startling transformation it was, it has always surprised me that there aren't more pictures of the time two of my friends at university bleached my hair for me.

Of course, smart phones weren't around in the late '90s, so, as far as I am aware, the only extant picture of my "blonde period" is this one that Paul found when riffling through his collection of old uni snaps.

Fellow Scriptwriting for Film & TV students Lou and Rosie had dyed my hair, at my request, and I rather liked it.

I also, as you might be able to tell from the blurry picture, had thicker hair back then; I don't think I could pull this look off now.

University is, of course, when you get up to this kind of shenanigans, even when you're a supposedly "mature" student in his late 20s.

A blurry close-up of my startling John Constantinesque hair-do

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc