Sunday, January 12, 2025

Now This Is How You Tell An Epic Saga

Taishi Wen Zhong led the army of Shang Dynasty including Deng Chanyu and four generals of the Mo Family to Xiqi. With the help of Kunlun immortals such as Jiang Ziya, Ji Fa led the army and civilians of Xiqi to defend their homeland.
Well Go USA brings the second part of Chinese epic Creation of The Gods to American cinemas on January 31 (IMAX on January 29).

I know I'm biased, but for my money, I'd rather see the kind of mythology depicted in Creation of The Gods II: Demon Force serving as the background to a superhero comic than the tried-and-tested tropes of more Western pantheons such as the Norse and Ancient Greeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My pop culture Odyssey: a slice of super-powered geek life with heavy emphasis on pulp adventure, horror, comic books, westerns, superheroes, sci-fi, giant monsters, zombies etc